Friday, July 13, 2012

Silence says it all

Oh, maker,
Oh, breaker,
You've summoned me,
Compelled to be,
From dreamless sleep,
I'm called to leap,
To firm embrace,
Thy bidding's grace,
On silver plate,
Surrender fate,
And pray your taste,
Accept my waste.

Oh, maker,
Oh, breaker,
What do you see in me,
What will you have me be,
Immortal sonnet,
Angelic quartet,
The clashing of giants,
Conceptual defiance,
A grey cloud of storm,
With thoughts yet unborn,
A voice on the brim,
To thunder your scheme?

Oh, maker,
Oh, breaker,
Why do you call my name,
Why do you play this game,
Is it a test,
The meaning of best,
Is it an act,
Concealing a fact,
Is it a jest,
Appeasing the rest,
Is it a toll,
The price of a soul?

Oh, maker,
Oh, breaker,
Will you unmute your voice,
Will I be more than noise,
A wave on the sea,
A hand given free,
The clay of a potter,
The air under water,
A kite flying high,
The torch of the sky,
The beauty of wild,
An actual child?